Saturday 26 September 2009

On Thursday evening Madeline McKeever, from Brown Envelope Seeds, gave a very interesting and informative talk on the subject of collecting seeds in order to provide for future planting and also to help preserve varieties.

It is amazing that many plants can provide seed in the second year, when most of us will have dug up and eaten the veg. without leaving a couple to provide seed for the future. Many seeds will last for years if treated correctly.

A link has been added to Brown Envelope Seeds website, which is very informative particularly the "Gardening Book" tab.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Tony, Thanks for having me. I'm glad you found the evening useful. I enjoyed meeting you all and it was specially nice to see my sister there. I don't get to see her enough. I just added you as a link to my blog.http://brownenvelopeseeds.blogspot.com/ The website is good for ordering seeds but the blog has more interesting news on it.

    ReplyDelete